Remodeling a house can be an exciting as well as strenuous time for the family. Kitchen is a small part of your house and you need to refurnish your kitchen with some storage cabinets. This is the place which requires a lot of thought process and planning so that you can get maximum storage space in your kitchen, and you can keep your kitchen neat and tidy all the time. Cabinets are like heart of the kitchen, if the space is build-up without meticulously thinking it over then it may turn into waste of money and space.
Types of kitchen cabinets
When you start looking for kitchen cabinets options then you will come across three types of cabinets. These are:
- Stock cabinets: These are the ones that are widely available. Mostly they are available in readymade options, but you can also customize these cabinets according to your requirements. This is quick and can keep your remodeling project on-time. You can also design wall mounted cabinets for your kitchen, and you can increase the storage space of your kitchen by installing several drawers and shelves inside the cabinets.
- Semi-custom cabinets: These types of kitchen cabinets have more options in term of design, features and style available. They are less expensive then custom made and can give your kitchen a personal touch at the same time. You can find them in various finishes like paints, glazes, stains or distressing also. They can be designed to create a unique and personal look by adding crown or shelves as per the customer’s request.
- Custom Cabinets: If you are not short on time, and would want something special and unique for your kitchen, then custom cabinets are for you. Designers and company will create the piece from scratch while keeping in mind your personal need.
Different styles of kitchen cabinets
Some styles of kitchen cabinets that have been making round since some time are:
- Shaker: This is the most common and widely installed cabinets in the kitchen nowadays. They are simple, elegant and classy in comparison to traditional designs. Made with high quality wood and they are durable than other cabinets. But you need to spend some amounts for their maintenance and they are not rust resistant.
- Louvered: They are horizontal wooden slabs and are a costly affair. You can see these patterns more on windows, interior doors, using it in cabinets add a unique look to the kitchen.
- Slab: Simple but quiet trendy in look is what they are. They have flat panels and minimum designing which offers a modern look.
- Distressed: One of the latest patterns is distressed designing, where the corners are rubbed off, they are treated to make the look of a cabinet to be of old feel. It is also an expensive affair as distressing costs an additional amount.
- Thermofoil: MDF i.e. medium density fibreboard is used to make these types of cabinets. The door is then done a plastic coating and baked to be sealed. It is very cost effective and less maintenance style of cabinets. They are available in some basic colours and termed as imitation wood.
If none of the above style suits you then you can go ahead and choose a kitchen cabinet which is designed and created on your choice. Custom cabinets are your solution. You can meet personally with the designer and explain your needs and necessities.