Unless otherwise agreed in writing with Connection Magazines, your use of any Website or Service will always be subject to, at a minimum, the terms and conditions set out in this document.
Your agreement to the Terms
Your access or use of any Website or Service in any way signifies that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by the Terms. By accessing or using any Website or Service you also represent that you have the legal authority to accept the Terms on behalf of yourself and any party you represent in connection with your use of any Website or Service.
Connection Magazines may change, remove, add to (including without limitation by way of Additional Terms) or otherwise modify these Terms, and reserves the right to do so at its discretion and without notice. We encourage you to periodically review the Terms.
Accuracy of information and disclaimer of warranties
All material on the Websites and Services is provided in good faith. It is derived from sources believed to be accurate and current as at the date of publication. Your use of the Websites and Services is at your sole risk. Access to the Websites and Services is provided on an 'as available' basis, and all information and services are provided ‘as is’ and ‘with all faults’. Neither Connection Magazines, its related bodies corporate nor its or their directors or employees make any representation or warranty, express or implied, that (i) any material on the Websites or provided through Services will be reliable, accurate or complete (nor do they accept any responsibility arising in any way for errors in, or omissions from that material); or (ii) your access to the Websites or Services will be uninterrupted, timely or secure. Connection Magazines will not be liable for loss resulting from any action or decision by you in reliance on the information from the Websites or Services, nor any interruption, delay in operation or transmission, virus, communications failure, Internet access difficulties, or malfunction in equipment or software.
General information only - non advisory
The material on Connection Magazines Websites and Services provides general information only. It is not intended as technical or legal advice, and must not be relied upon as such under any circumstances. You should make your own inquiries and take independent, appropriately qualified advice tailored to your specific circumstances prior to making any decisions.
You agree to fully indemnify, defend, and hold Connection Magazines, our licensors, suppliers, agents, successors, and assigns and our and their directors, officers, employees, consultants, and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees), and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from: (a) your breach of this Agreement, including but not limited to the Terms; (b) any allegation that any materials you submit to us or transmit to the Website infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; (c) your activities in connection with the Websites or Services, or other websites to which the Websites or Services are linked; and/or (d) your negligence or willful misconduct.
Users agree not to use the Websites or Services to:
- Post, use or transmit Content that you do not have the right to post or use, for example, under intellectual property, confidentiality, privacy or other applicable laws.
- Express or imply that any of your activities, products, causes or statements are endorsed by Connection Magazines or its Websites or Services, without prior written consent in each instance;
- Post, use or transmit unsolicited or unauthorised Content, including advertising or promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of unsolicited or unwelcome solicitation or advertising;
- Post, use or transmit Content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the Websites or Services or servers or networks connected to the Websites or Services, or that disobeys any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Websites or Services;
- Post or transmit Content that is harmful, offensive, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, defamatory, hateful or otherwise discriminatory, false and misleading, incites an illegal act, or is otherwise in breach of your obligations to any person or contrary to any applicable laws and regulations;
- Intimidate or harass another;
- Use or attempt to use another’s account, service, or personal information;
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features that enforce limitations on the use of the Websites or Services;
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Websites or Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Websites or Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Websites or Services or any activities conducted through the Websites or Services;
- Use any means to bypass or ignore robots.txt, or other measures we use to restrict access or use of the Websites or Services;
- use any of the Websites or Services with the assistance of any automated scripting tool or software
- Impersonate another person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- Post or transmit any personally identifiable information about other persons without their express written consent.
In addition, you may not (and may not authorise another party to): (i) frame, mirror or otherwise co-brand the Websites or Services (for example, by displaying a name, logo, trademark or other means of attribution of a third party that is reasonably likely to give the user the impression that that third party has the right to display, publish or distribute the Website or Service); or, (ii) use any Website or Service in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage or impair such Website or Service, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Website or Service.
If you believe that the Websites or Services have been accessed or used by another user in breach of these Terms, please email us at email@example.com.
By uploading, transmitting, posting or otherwise making available any content or material to any of the Websites or Services of the Connection Magazines network, you:
- grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, licence to use, reproduce, edit and exploit the content or material in any form and for any purpose;
- except where expressly stated otherwise, also grant each user of the Connection Magazines network a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, licence to use, reproduce, edit and exploit the content or material in any form for any purpose, subject to the Terms;
- warrant that you have the right to grant the abovementioned licences;
- warrant that the content or material does not breach the Terms; and
- unconditionally waive all moral rights (as defined by the Copyright Act 1968) which you may have in respect of the content or material.
We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to:
- review, modify, reformat, reject or remove any content or material which you upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available (or attempt to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available) that, in our opinion, violates the Terms or otherwise has the potential to harm, endanger or violate the rights of any person; and
- monitor use of the Websites and Services, and store or disclose any information that we collect, including in order to investigate compliance with the Terms or for the purposes of any police investigation or governmental request.
- contact registered users or subscribers via electronic means for the purposes of providing the services offered by the Websites and Services, and to notify you of changes, updates to Services. Connection Magazines makes no assurances or guarantees with respect to the timeliness, delivery or completeness of any communications provided by the Websites or Services, and your use of these Websites and Services.
We are not responsible for, and accept no liability with respect to, any content or material uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise made available on the Websites or Services by any person other than us. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not be taken to have uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise made content or material available on the Websites or Services simply by facilitating others to post, transmit or other make content or material available. Furthermore, we do not endorse any opinion, advice or statement made by any person other than us.
Designated Copyright Representative
Connection Magazines' Designated Representative for receiving notifications from third parties of alleged copyright infringements within the Connection Magazines network of websites is:
Designated Copyright Representative
Connection Magazines Pty Ltd
Unit 2 / 18-22 Lexia Place,
Mulgrave, Vic, 3170
Phone: (03) 9542 9022
Fax: (03) 9542 9090
Take down notices
Any notification claiming infringement of copyright by a copyright owner or agent to the Designated Representative must contain the following information:
- a clear description of the copyright material;
- sufficient information for Connection Magazines to locate the allegedly infringing material (for example: a URL);
- sufficient information to enable Connection Magazines to contact the copyright owner or representative;
- a signed statement that the complainant is either the copyright owner or agent of the copyright owner.