When deciding on a DIY job around the home, sometimes the smallest project can make the biggest difference. The garage door is one of the most visible external features of the home and extreme weather and frequent use can leave the paint to peel and appear worn and weathered. A fresh lick of paint however, can give the garage door a whole new lease of life and brighten the entire exterior of the home.
Here’s what you’ll need before beginning the project:
- Wire brush or sandpaper
- Dishwashing detergent
- Hammerite Garage Door Paint
- Newspaper or drop-sheet
- Paint brush
- Remove rust and loose paint with a wire brush or coarse sandpaper.
- Using water and a diluted detergent wash down thoroughly to remove all dust, grease and dirt which may prevent the paint from sticking to the surface. Rinse with clean water.\
- Place a drop-sheet or newspaper around the surrounding area to catch any spills or drips.
- Ensure the garage door is completely dry before painting.
- For best results apply 2 coats of Hammerite Garage Door Paint. Apply second coat after 16 hours.